• It is essential that you do not tan during a course of laser/skin treatments. This includes sun exposure,
fake tan and sun beds, a minimum of SPF 30 (SPF 50 is recommended) must be worn throughout the duration of your course of treatments.
• If you have exposed your skin to the sun or used sun beds, you must wait 6 weeks before attending a laser treatment. You may need another test patch prior to continuing your course of treatments.
• Please ensure that if you plan to expose your skin to intense sun light throughout your course, that your treatment is booked within a minimum of two weeks before you travel otherwise we will not be able to treat you due to the high risk of photosensivity post laser/skin treatment.
• If in any doubt about your tan please book a test patch and see your therapist.
• At your consultation, it is important that you inform us of any medication you are currently taking.
If there are any changes in your medication during the course of your treatments we
ask you to please inform your therapist. Some medications are contraindicated when receiving laser treatments.
• PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE TAKING ANY ANTIBIOTICS WE CANNOT TREAT YOU WHILE YOU ARE ON THE COURSE OF MEDICATION AND FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER FINISHING THE COURSE OF MEDICATION.
• Avoid any acid based products including retinol, glycolic and salicylic acid for one week prior to treatment
(sometimes this can be up to two weeks for certain products).
• For laser hair removal the area/areas you are having treated must be shaved 24 hours before your appointment. If the area has not been shaved we will not be able to carry out your treatment.
• If you have had a gap of 6 months since your last treatment, a test patch would be needed before commencing your course of treatments.
Post treatment Guidelines
• Avoid any activities that creates heat to the area such as, saunas, steam rooms, swimming pools, hot baths and showers and the gym for 72 hours post treatment.
• Avoid any tight or synthetic clothing on the area for 24-48 hours after treatment.
• Do not use perfume, perfumed cosmetics on the area for 48 hours post treatment.
• Avoid any acid based products including retinol, glycolic and salyclic acid for a minimum of 72 hours post treatment. Your therapist will advise you on this depending on which treatment has been carried out.
• Direct sun exposure and sun beds use is strictly prohibited. Sun protection of a minimum SPF 30
(SPF 50 is recommended) should be worm at all times even when it is overcast or raining. If you fail to protect your skin from sun exposure, you will be at risk of hyper-pigmentation and photosensitivity post treatment.
• If you see any adverse reactions such as the skin becomes broken, blisters appear or burns on the skin please notify the clinic immediately so your therapist can advise you further.
• Make up should be avoided on the area of treatment for a minimum of 48 hours post treatment.
• Avoid rubbing, scratching, and picking the area of which has been treated.
• Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication 7 days prior and 7 days post treatment for skin rejuvenation, skin peels, microdermabrasion and dermaroller treatments, this could reduce treatment results.
Extended post treatment Guidelines for laser and skincare treatments.
You may experience trauma to the skin such as redness, warmth, bruising, scabbing, dryness and flaking/peeling of the skin depending on the treatment carried out. These reactions can all be normal
and should settle down within 1-4 weeks. Your therapist will advise you of this during your consultation.
If you do have any concerns or questions regarding pre or post care please call us on 0118 403 2403